Compiled by Oliver Wright
It’s been a little while since we last posted an assortment of links, but this is a selection of some of the things which have been going round the office lately:
- Boris – the London Mayor – officially launches the city’s ‘cycle superhighways’, a cycle hire scheme, and demand for cycle parking in the capital is (apparently) on the rise…
- The inside-out bloody mary – a new take on an old classic!
- By way of previewing a forthcoming post on data visualisation – two great articles discussing the state of the art on CNNtech and Creativity Online
- This fun website from Dutch company Hema (similar to Ikea in the UK) won some awards for its playful approach to household products. Although the site’s in Dutch, the visual gags are pretty universal.
- Portuguese workers are struggling in the recession to find jobs – and some are heading to former colony Angola in search of better fortunes
- The Atlantic publishes a somewhat timid and fairly American list of ‘Brave Thinkers’ – I mean, Steve Jobs? Mark Zuckerberg? We’re working on a list of people who deserve a place but aren’t here. Do you have a contribution?