The third episode of the Kantar Futures podcast digs into the shift from brand-to-consumer engagement to people-to-people relationships as the foundation for brand value, and the associated imperative to transact more in social currency that people can spend on other people.
It can be downloaded from here.
Podcast #3: Smaller worlds
Links to topics in programme order
- Bangalore is falling apart
- Social connectedness research
- Enrico Moretti, The New Geography of Jobs
- Bill Bishop, landslide counties
- The kinship economy
- …and kinship at TedX
- Weaker and looser social ties
- Tyler Cowen, The Complacent Class, and matching
- John Lanchester, “You are the product“
- Robots that make mistakes
- Uncanny valley
- Brand Z
- North Carolina “bathroom bill” and its cost
- Company responses to the Trump travel ban
- The values split follows the financial split
- Pepsi’s “black lives” themed ad
The Three Up slot starts at 30.05, and the op-ed piece starts at 43.10.