Episode 5 of the Kantar Futures podcast is about what the music industry, and the changes in it, can teach brands. We’ve recently published a short Future Perspective report (pdf) on this, and the most important takeaway from that is that the music industry has led the charge on shifting to a service-led model of consumption.
We had a few recording problems with this edition: Andrew Curry wasn’t actually recording from an echo chamber.
PODCAST #5: MUSIC LESSONS
Links to topics in programme order
- The world’s most beautiful bookstores.
The music lessons discussion starts at 4’35”.
- Music Lessons report
- From Napster to iTunes
- Music peaked in 1999
- The growth in festivals
- Craft brewers
- Adam Morgan, ‘lighthouse identity,’ in Eating the Big Fish.
Three Up starts at 24’45”
- YouTube and artificial intelligence
- Consumer responses to the Amazon/Wholefoods acquisition, from Kantar Retail
- Has disruption from e-commerce run its course?
The audio is here.