Denise Hicks writes:
Lobbyists 38 Degrees are one of the many organisations that have become heavily involved in protesting against the BBC cuts. In response to the huge amount of opposition, particularly to the potential closures of 6music and the Asian network, 38 Degrees have managed to raise enough money to launched a billboard campaign in protest.
They have just posted a first concept of the proposed billboards on their site and are asking for public feedback.
Now it’s not a great concept in my opinion and pretty much misses the point. As you can imagine, akin to a YouTube commentary, the feedback is varied and entertaining, with comments such as…
- ‘Poor miserable counterproductive lack of imagination.’
- ‘it’s very white’
- ‘I’d suggest that you start again from scratch.’
- ‘Driving past will cause confusion and accidents ala the wondabra advert’
- ‘I think it’s lovely’
- ‘I would suggest just typography – big letters “NO TO BBC CUTS!” or somesuch’
- ‘does it need to be “clever”?
- ‘The DDM (Detracting Demographic Monkees) are at it again’
- ‘You have paid an ad agency for this? If so, I am very disappointed. May I suggest you talk to some other companies instead? Airside are superb’
See what you think… I’m sure they’d be grateful for any (constructive and informed) thoughts!